Here are some ways Michelle Duggar increases her comfort during labor:
- Apply Tiger Balm onto the lower back
- Lie on the couch with a hot pad on the lower back
- Don't just lie in bed during contractions. If possible, move around. Michelle Duggar has learned to move with her labor.
- Try not to raise your voice during contractions. A midwife taught Michelle to "moan lie a cow" instead.
- Relax; don't tighten up your face or other muscles during contractions.
What do you think about these tips? Do you have anything to add?
Labor tips collected from The Duggars: 20 and Counting (Howard Books)