On tonight's episode of 19 Kids and Counting, "A Duggar Loss"...
- The Duggars travel to New York City to announce Michelle's pregnancy on the Today Show. (Click here to watch the segment.) In the green room, the kids enjoy the smorgasbord of goodies provided by NBC while watching the first half of the broadcast.
- During the early stages of her pregnancy, Michelle takes extra care to watch her diet, take vitamins, and exercise daily.
- Michelle and best friend Cindy visit Arkansas Children's Hospital with Jana and Josie. The doctors and nurses who sustained Josie's life when she was born at a mere 22 ounces are thrilled to see the healthy toddler walking, talking, and blowing kisses.
- Back home, the Duggars gather in the living room to discuss baby names. If it is a boy, how about naming the child after his father? "I think there's only room for one Jim Bob in this family," says Michelle. "In this world," adds Jim Bob, smirking. But they add the name to their list nonetheless.
- "This is going to end in disaster," says Jedidiah, as the kids throw out names faster than Mom and Dad can record them on paper. BoysGirlsJarvisJanelleJoelJulieJim BobJenessaJeffersonJaneJusticeJenesis
- The following day, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar head to the doctor's office for a special appointment. Soundman Bill Stefanacci will be the secret-keeper until he announces the baby's gender to the entire family.
- The ultrasound technician searches for the baby's heartbeat. "I could tell by the look on her face that something wasn't right," Michelle tells TLC, devastated by the news that their baby had passed. "Your whole world turns upside down," shares Jim Bob.
- The doctor measures the baby at 16 weeks, 1 day; but Jill recalls recording the heartbeat at 17 weeks, 4 days.
- After the reality of the loss of their twenty-first child sinks in, Jim Bob and Michelle release their emotions in a heartfelt prayer.
- Once home, the couple fights to keep their composure as they gather the troops and share the devastating news. "We have nineteen here and two with the Lord," Michelle explains.
- Jim Bob makes his way around the living room, hugging and comforting each of his children.
- In the three days leading up to the stillbirth of Jubilee Shalom Duggar, Michelle pours her heart out to God and to her baby. (Hear her letter to Jubilee below.)
- "She looked like a little Duggar, just in a tiny form," says the grieving mommy. "We are so grateful for the time that [God] gave us with her."
- Jim Bob and Michelle invite their family and friends to celebrate Jubilee's short but meaningful life. They also invite the pastor who counseled them as teenagers and officiated their wedding twenty-eight years ago to speak.
- After the memorial service, the family gathers at a local cemetery to bury Jubilee. "We needed the closure, to be able to say goodbye," explains Michelle.
- Michelle chooses the butterfly to symbolize her daughter's life.
Jubilee Shalom Duggar from WMtek Inc on Vimeo.
*The song played at the memorial service is "I Will Carry You" by Selah. Click here to listen.