On last night's episode of "19 Kids and Counting"...
- When a deadly tornado tornado hits Joplin, the eldest Duggars pack up supplies and rush to lend a hand. For 26 hours straight, they worked as search and rescue workers.
- Seeing the widespread destruction is very humbling for the kids. "They had houses that were thrown blocks down the road, miles even," observes John-David, offering to help victims in any way he can.
- To celebrate Jason's 11th birthday and Jackson's 7th birthday, the Duggars party it up at a local, family-style arcade.
- Putting aside the usual "it's all about me" birthday stigma, Jackson gives up his hard-earned, 2500 tickets to "buy" a princess kit for Johannah.
- For Grandma Duggar's 70th birthday, the family bakes and decorates 70 cupcakes and invite a bunch of family and friends over for a surprise party.
- Everyone loves Grandma! "She's always made it fun when she babysits," says Jill. "Whenever the kids are doing something, Grandma will give it a try," chimes in Jackson. "She'll try almost anything!" adds Joseph. When the family went skydiving a couple years back, she wanted to join in, but Grandpa talked her out of it.
- After a trip to the local cyclery, Jason, Jackson, and even Grandma come home with new bikes. Jim Bob tries to talk Michelle into getting one, but the mom of 19 prefers to drive the van on family bike rides.
- What happened to the Duggars' motto, "buy used and save the difference"? They still follow it, but bikes are an exception. "The bikes get old and rusty, and they end up costing more to fix them up than what you can just go buy a new one for," explains Jim Bob.