- The day before Josh, Jessa, Jinger, and Joseph were scheduled to have their wisdom teeth extracted, Michelle guided the little ones in making homemade applesauce for the "patients." While peeling the apples on the apple peeler, the kids especially enjoyed eating the strands of leftover peel, known as "snakes" in the Duggar home.
- Want to give the Duggars' applesauce recipe a try? Add a bit of water to a pot of peeled apples, and then cook them up on the stove. Next, add some honey, and place the applesauce in the fridge to cool.
- While Jessa--the guinea pig--was having her surgery, the receptionist overheard Josh and Joseph say that the had both drank sweet tea three hours before their appointments.
- When the doctor got word of the predicament, he told the boys that they would have to reschedule their surgeries. He kindly reminded them that they could have no food or drink (other than water) less than six hours before the procedure.
- "I really wanted it to happen today," admitted Anna. "Josh has been procrastinating getting his wisdom teeth removed for three years"
- And here's what John David had to say about his brothers' "mistake": "Josh and Joseph are much more...'well, we're supposed to do this, but we can probably get pretty close to the edge."
- Both Jessa and Jinger obeyed the doctors' initial instructions, and their surgeries went well. Jinger is a lightweight, so it took the anesthesiologist only half as much medicine to put her out as it did to put Jessa out. Neither of the girls minded being stuck with an IV.
- "Let me get your picture!" Those were Jim Bob's first words to Jinger after her procedure. She posed with her usual thumbs-up and as much of a smile as she could muster.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
"Duggar Dental Drama" Recap
On tonight's night's episode of "19 Kids and Counting," Duggar Dental Drama...