On tonight's episode of "19 Kids and Counting," Duggars Snowed In...
- Jim Bob and the boys prepared for a blizzard by hauling plenty of extra firewood for their wood burning stove, which keeps the family's tile floors nice and toasty in winter.
- Much to the excitement of the kids, the weatherman's predictions were a little off, and instead of just six-inches of snow, the Duggars woke up to two feet of fresh powder--a new record for northwest Arkansas.
- To lessen the boatload of work left up to the town's single snowplow, Jim Bob used his backhoe to clear the road in front of the family's house. "The backhoe's kind of like a big boy's toy," the father of nineteen explained to younger son Justin.
- Meanwhile, Grandma and the kids whipped up a Duggar family favorite--snow ice cream! You can make this frozen treat at home--the next time it snows, that is. Click here for the recipe. The kids were quick to remind viewers to use only white snow.
- John-David's towing business sure came in handy during the blizzard! He and Jim Bob spent hours pulling cars (and even semis) out of the ditch.
- Dad and the little kids bundled up and ventured out to play in the winter-wonderland, but it was pretty cold! When the sun came out a few days later, Amy and friend Caleb came over, and the entire family (even Michelle!) had a blast sledding down the Duggars' hill on campaign signs leftover from John-David's run for alderman.