On tonight's episode of "19 Kids and Counting" Duggars Hit the Slopes...
- Jim Bob and the kids, along with Grandma Duggar, Josh, Anna, and Mackynzie, headed off to Colorado for a nine-day trip. They packed a whopping 200 shirts, 100 pairs of pants, 300 socks, and 56 pairs of shoes.
- Once in the mountains, the gang made a quick stop at a local thrift store, where they saved over $4,000 on ski clothes for the entire family.
- For three days, Jim Bob and the kids, none of whom had ever tried on a pair of skis, took lessons at Granby Ranch's SolVista Basin. "Other than seeing people ski on movies, we know nothing about skiing," Jill explained, just before they headed out for their first day on the slopes.
- Coming from a family of avid skiers, we were surprised at how quickly the Duggars picked up the sport. Skiing isn't easy, but they all did phenomenally well.
- While the rest of the family skied, Anna, who is pregnant with her second child, and Grandma Duggar, who tried skiing but was injured during the first day, entertained Jennifer, Mackynzie, and Jordyn.
- Michelle stayed home with Josie to protect the preemie from large crowds and high altitudes. Although the mother of nineteen is athletic and enjoys a challenge, she was quite happy to sit this activity out. "If I had gone skiing, I would probably be hurting and paying for it afterward," said Michelle. "The older we are, the harder it is to learn new things."
- During their trip, the family received a cooking lesson from a native Swiss chef. The menu? Authentic Italian pizza. Mamma Mia!
- For the grand finale of their incredible ski adventure, the Duggars spent two hours zipping down the tubing hills, some reaching speeds of 20 mph!