Here is the first batch of quotes from Megyn Kelly's interview with Jill Duggar Dillard and Jessa Duggar Seewald:
- Jill, 24, and Jessa, 22, join Megyn Kelly on The Kelly File to set the record straight about what happened in their family in 2002 and 2003.
- When this incident occurred, Jill was 12, and Jessa was about 10. "We didn't choose to come out and tell our story," says Jill. "This wouldn't have been our first choice." But Jill and Jessa say they want to clear up the information that is circulating about their family, which they say is mostly untrue.
- "I do want to speak up in [Josh's] defense," says Jessa. "In Josh's case, he was a boy, a young boy in puberty, and a little too curious about girls. And he made some bad choices. But really, the extent of it was mild, inappropriate touching."
- Jill and Jessa say none of the victims knew what Josh had done until Josh confessed to his parents. They were too young to understand what had happened, and some had been sleeping when it had happened.
- Jill says she was sad and shocked when her parents sat her down and told her what had happened. Then, Josh asked each sister for forgiveness, individually. It was each girl's decision whether they wanted to forgive, and they chose to.
- Not long after, Jim Bob and Michelle sent Josh away. The girls say they were sad to see their older brother leave.