On tonight's new episodes of "19 Kids and Counting:"
Duggar In Danger
- During a rehearsal at First Baptist Church Atlanta (Charles Stanley's church), Jason falls 12 feet into an orchestra pit. "We found Jason laying there, basically in a pool of blood," Jim Bob recounts.
- Jason is rushed to the hospital--Mama by his side--where it is determined that the 11-year-old Duggar has suffered two chipped teeth, a fractured jaw, and a sprained knee. He is stitched up and sent home (to the family bus) but takes weeks to fully recover.
- The following day, Jim Bob and Michelle speak at First Baptist, and the kids share music. Meanwhile, Jason chills in the greenroom in a wheelchair.
- After the service, the family heads to Lake Lanier for some water fun! Even Michelle, Anna, Mackynzie, and Josie join in.
- "A lot of people don't realize, Michelle is very athletic" explains Jim Bob, "which really goes great with having all those babies because it's kind of like running a marathon!"
- The day's activities include zip-lining, swimming, kayaking, jet skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing.
- Michelle surprises everyone by being the only person who is successful at wakeboarding.
- "My mom put all of us guys to shame!" jokes Josh.
- At a Christian media event, the Duggars have the privilege of meeting Bethany Hamilton--pro surfer and shark attack survivor--and her brother, Noah.
- "Meeting the Duggars was really cool!" says Bethany. "I can't wait for them to come to Hawaii and surf...I think it would be fun to see them all in the water"
- "I want [our children] to meet and learn about people today," says Michelle. She desires for her kids to be able to recognize and adopt positive character qualities that they see in the lives of others.
- The entire Duggar clan has a "whale" of a time at the Georgia Aquarium. Some of the highlights include feeding belugas, petting African penguins, and watching divers clean the glass tunnels with cloth diapers. They also adopt a whale shark and name it Jim Bob, much to Daddy's excitement.
- Fun fact: Collectively, the Duggars weigh about as much as a baby whale shark, but they eat four times as much at each meal!