Thursday, February 23, 2017
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
In this scene from Monday's two-hour Counting On special (click here to read our recap), Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo arrive at the reception location, which is nearby the church where the ceremony took place.
They walk out on stage and are introduced to approximately 1,000 guests as "Mr. Jeremy and Jinger Vuolo." Then they proceed to cut their "naked" vanilla wedding cake, baked and decorated by a friend of the Duggars. Does it not look amazing?
Photos/video courtesy TLC
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Henry Seewald and Spurgeon Seewald
Henry Wilberforce Seewald is 15 days old! He is the first Duggar child or grandchild to be born in the month of February.
Grandpa Duggar, who passed away in 2009 at the age of 73, was born on February 3rd. Tyler, the extended family member from Michelle's side who is living with the Duggars, also has a February birthday.
A few days before Henry's due date we asked our readers to guess his birth weight and arrival date. He was born on February 6th and weighed 8lbs, 11oz. The closest guesses were...
Rita (8lbs, 8 oz)
Lori VW (8lbs, 9oz)
Anonymous (8lbs, 11oz)
Ayeshathompson (February 6th)
Et (February 6th/8lbs, 9oz)
Photo courtesy theseewaldfamily.com
Monday, February 20, 2017
Counting On "The Big Day"
- The wedding is just three days away, and Jinger is trying on her wedding dress, designed by Renee Miller, one final time. When she walks out in the gown, her female family members and friends are in awe.
- Later, all the bridesmaids try on their dresses, also designed by Renee. Afterwards, wedding coordinator Wendy gathers all the ladies together to share memories and kind words with Jinger. Lots of tears are shed.
- “I’m going to miss not being close to you all,” says Jinger, drying her eyes. “I just could go on all day…talking about each one of you.”
- Sixty-six hours before the wedding, Anna Duggar, Jana Duggar, Jessa Seewald, and Joy-Anna Duggar throw Jinger a girls-only bridal shower. She is thrilled that her soon-to-be mother-in-law is able to attend.
- Joy-Anna and wedding designer Cindy (Michelle's childhood friend) lead a decorating committee made up of Duggar brothers and several friends in cutting greenery and picking up stumps and the 2,300 roses that Cindy ordered.
- The siblings end up forgetting the buckets for the roses and greenery. “Our goal in this wedding process is to not stress,” Cindy reminds everyone, hoping the flowers won’t wilt. When the group makes it back to the hotel, they rush to clip all the flowers and put them in water.
- On Thursday, Jinger and Michelle head to the airport to pick up Jeremy. “This is the last time I fly in as a single man, and we don’t have to say goodbye after this,” says Jeremy, smiling.
- The day before the wedding, the siblings help Cindy use the roses and greenery to create a giant “V” on a chicken wire stand that will be displayed on the stage in the church.
- Jinger and Jeremy have decided to let their family and friends surprise them with the decorations. Jinger wants everything to be “simple but elegant,” which reflects her personal style.
- When the bride and groom enter the church for the rehearsal, they are blown away, and the venue isn’t even fully decorated. Wendy directs the rehearsal.
- “We wanted to keep the wedding to a smaller, more intimate size, but I think we ended up sending out around 400 initiations and are expecting around 1,000 people,” says Jeremy.Following the rehearsal, everyone heads over to the reception venue for an Italian-themed dinner.
- Jinger spends the night at Jill and Derick’s [quieter] house so she can get at least a few hours of sleep. The next morning, Jeremy comes over for devotions. They read a passage about love and discuss how they want their wedding to be a display of Christ’s love rather than an event focused on the two of them.
- Jinger, Jeremy, and Jeremy’s parents head over to the church, where the bride and groom go their separate ways to get ready for the big day.
- Jeremy leads a quick devotion with his dad and groomsmen and passes out quirky animal socks as gifts. “Guys, I wasn’t going to let you get away without doing something crazy with fashion,” jokes Jeremy.
- Meanwhile, the girls hustle to start their hair and makeup. Jinger gives jewelry and chocolate in cute jars to her bridesmaids.
- The middle Duggar boys help Cindy make corsages and boutonnieres. “We are all exhausted—I like to call it joyfully exhausted—but we are thrilled,” says Cindy, who was up until 2am working.
- When the groomsmen are dressed, they head outside to take pictures in front of the church. Back inside, Michelle helps Jinger into her wedding dress, and Jim Bob comes in to spend a few moments with his daughter.
- Jinger gives her dad a handkerchief with a sentimental message on it: “To my dad: You are the first man that I ever loved. When you give me away today, know that I will always be your little girl.” Jim Bob prays with Michelle and Jinger.
- The guys return to their room so the girls can take pictures in front of the church.At the reception venue, friends are busy baking and icing cupcakes and icing the wedding cake.
- When the time comes for the wedding to start, Jinger and Jeremy can hardly wait to join hands at the front of the church. Jeremy’s dad, Pastor Chuck Vuolo, officiates.
- The couple recites their vows: I, Jeremy, take you, Jinger, to be my wife, in the sight of our Lord Jesus Christ. I promise to be faithful, in suffering and in joy, in poverty and in wealth, in sickness and in health. I promise to love you and cherish you until death brings our separation.” Jinger’s vows are the same.
- The unity song, “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing,” is performed live by the band Page CXVI.
- According to the couple, the first kiss is "incredible" and "out of this world."
- Immediately following the ceremony, the couple takes pictures of the two of them, as well as family photos.
- At the reception hall, Jinger and Jeremy walk out on stage as the crowd cheers. They cut their cake and feed it to each other. The newlyweds greet guests before leaving for their honeymoon.
- The Duggar siblings say they don't expect it to be long before the Vuolos announce a pregnancy. Some of them also guess that Joy will be the next Duggar to walk down the aisle
Next Monday is the Counting On season finale! More Details coming soon.
"It's hard to believe that it's finally me who's getting married."
Tonight is the night! Jinger's two-hour wedding special airs at 9pm ET/8pm CT on TLC. Scroll down for a sneak peek scene that shows Jinger's final dress fitting. Surrounded by female family members and friends, she cannot believe that in just three days, she and Jeremy Vuolo will be husband and wife.
Monday, February 20
9pm ET/8pm CT: The Big Day (NEW--2 hour special)
After months of planning, Jinger's wedding day is here! The final details, from dress fittings to surprise decorations, are put into place, and family and friends come together to watch Jinger and Jeremy become Mr. and Mrs. Vuolo.
11pm ET/10pm CT: The Big Day
Photo/video courtesy TLC/PEOPLE Magazine