One of our readers has requested that we post the Duggars' Banana Cake recipe. This cake was Grandpa Duggars' favorite; Jana made it for his last birthday with the family, in "18 Kids and Counting" Duggars' Big Thaw. We guarantee you'll fall in love. Unless you don't like bananas (which would be a tragedy); then this recipe is definitely not for you.
Grandpa Duggar's Favorite Banana Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix (and whatever ingredients is needed to make the cake from the box recipe: i.e. eggs, oil...)
- 2 boxes vanilla pudding mix (plus the milk needed to make it : )
- 5 bananas
- Prepare cake mix and pudding as directed on boxes.
- After baking cake, spread pudding evenly on top.
- Slice bananas and layer over pudding. Enjoy!
Duggar Size It!
- 1 Industrial Size Cake Pan (or two 9x13 pans)
- 2 Boxes Yellow Cake Mix (and whatever ingredients is needed to make the cake from the box recipe: i.e. eggs, oil...)
- 4 Boxes Vanilla Pudding (plus the milk needed to make it : )
- 8 Bananas
- Prepare yellow cake as directed and bake.
- After cake is finished baking use a butter knife to make 1 inch holes all over cake (removing the cake from the holes made).
- In a bowl mix pudding as directed on box. Pour pudding over cake, making sure it fills in holes made earlier with knife. Slice bananas and lay on top of cake.
- Refrigerate until cold. Serve and enjoy!
For more delicious Duggar recipes, click here!
Have you ever made a banana cake? Do you plan on trying this one?