Jill & Jessa: Counting On, "Family Reunion"...
- TLC flashes back to moments from Jessa and Ben’s courtship, wedding day, pregnancy, and first months as parents.
- As you may remember, Jessa and Ben shared their first kiss in private after their wedding ceremony. What do the other Duggar siblings think about that?
- Joy-Anna: “I’m not exactly sure what I’ll choose. I guess I’ll have to wait and see, see what my guy things.”
- Jedidiah: “I don’t know if I could wait that long…might as well do it then.”
- John-David: “For me, it’s not that big of a deal…to kiss in public.” But he says he will have to see what his wife thinks.
- Jessa says her entire labor is a “mental blur” and that it did not feel like real life. She shares more about her 24-hour stay in the hospital after Spurgeon’s homebirth. She had a large amount of blood loss when the placenta separated from the wall of the uterus, so her birth team called an ambulance and had her transported to the hospital. The doctor checked her out and told her she could either consume extra iron and recover over a period of about three months or have a blood transfusion. Jessa opted for the blood transfusion.
- Jessa and Ben take four-month-old Spurgeon to a camera shop to have photos taken for his passport, in preparation for their trip to Central America in two weeks.
- Jana, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy, Jedidiah, Jason, and James are also going along. Although it has only been a couple months since their Christmas trip to Central America, they look forward to coming alongside the Dillards and helping with their ministry activities.
- The Duggars sign birthday cards to deliver to Jill, Derick, and Israel. “I’m so thankful that after a really difficult year, my family has drawn even closer together, and we’re stronger than ever before, and going on this trip together is a testament to that,” says Jessa.
- “It was very difficult, and we cried a lot of tears,” shares Jessa, thinking back to summer 2015. “And I feel like it was especially difficult for me, just because I had spoke out in defense of Josh and had stood up for him, and then there was another whole wave of things that came through. It was really difficult for me. It was very emotional through those months after that, just working through all of that.”
- “The fact that I was pregnant was kind of a breath of fresh air,” continues Jessa. “I think it really helped to kind of get my mind off the circumstances…” The newlywed says that she and Ben are now even more focused on keeping God first and staying true to their wedding vows.
- Jana agrees, saying that Jessa’s pregnancy was a reminder to the entire Duggar family that there could still be joy in the midst of pain.
- The group heads to the airport at 3am to catch their flight to Central America. “Any time that our family goes on a trip, it is pretty much like chaos, from the amount of bags that we have, to passports…” says Jinger. “It’s always a challenge.”
- When everyone arrives in Central America, Derick picks them up at the airport. The proud uncle enjoys holding nephew Spurgeon for the first time. Everyone is eager to reunite with Jill.
Tune in next week for what TLC is calling the “life-changing season finale.”