Here is the first batch of quotes from Megyn Kelly's interview with the Duggars, which aired this evening on the Fox News Channel:
- Jim Bob: "Our son violated God's principles of doing some improper touching. That was terrible. What Josh did was inexcusable but it was not unforgivable."
- Jim Bob makes it clear that a pedophile is "an adult who preys on children." Josh was a 14-year-old child who preyed on children.
- What's next for the Duggars? Jim Bob: "I don't know if the rest of our family should be punished for the act of one of our children.
- The Duggar Dad says his family is "fine whether they film us or not." They say they plan to go on with their lives.
- Jim Bob says this was an "unprecedented attack" on his family and that the information about Josh's actions as a teenager "was released illegally."
- Jim Bob says he is not sure why the press is targeting his family instead of the ones who illegally released the records.
- "Hopefully justice will be served on the ones who released juvenile records," says Jim Bob. He says he does not want this to happen to other children.