19 Kids and Counting "Family Dinner"
- The Duggar boys help Jessa and Ben unload their "new-to-them" furniture. Meanwhile, Jill and Derick head to Washington D.C. to visit Josh and Anna. Josh plans to teach Derick a thing or two about parenting.
- When the Dillards arrive in D.C., Josh and Derick take Mackynzie, Michael, and Marcus shopping to buy food for dinner. Derick learns how to buckle the kids into their car seats.
- "Right now I can't imagine shopping with this many kids on my own someday," says Derick, as Mackynzie and Michael run through the aisles saying, "Daddy, Daddy, we need this!" But Derick knows he will adapt to fatherhood when Baby Dilly arrives.
- Josh and Derick prepare dinner, and the ladies love it. "Josh and I and the kids had a blast with Jill and Derick," says Anna.
- Jill and Anna, who are both expecting, enjoy talking about pregnancy. The ladies write out encouraging Bible verses and quotes and organize them onto an inspiration board to read from during labor.
- Back in Arkansas, Jessa makes her first meal as a married woman. "I'm not the best cook," says the new bride. "It's just my tradition to burn something. It just wouldn't be a proper meal if I didn't scorch something a little bit."
- After preheating the oven, she opens the door and realizes she was cooking the owner's manual. She also uses a hammer in place of a meat tenderizer. But despite her unconventional methods, Jessa's meal is a big hit. Her hubby loves it.
19 Kids and Counting "Nesting and Room Re-Do"
- The seven Duggar girls still living at home prepare to remodel their room, which has had yellow walls since the Duggars built the house almost ten years ago. They want to give it a more mature feel. Cindy, Michelle's best friend from childhood, comes over to help. They settle on burnt orange, dark gray, and light gray for paint colors.
- Jim Bob says the girls' room is his favorite room in the house because it is bright and cheerful. He tries to convince his daughters to leave the pained tree and horse, but the girls insist on covering them up.
- In D.C., Josh and Anna take their kids to an appointment with their midwife, Marsha Jackson, at BirthCare. Marsha has delivered more than 3,000 babies. Mackynzie and Michael love being able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Josh and Anna admit they are nervous about not having family around for the birth.
- Michelle, Jill, and Jessa meet up to shop for Baby Dilly's nursery furniture. "Jill is expecting her first child, and I am so excited to be a grandma again," says Michelle.
- Grandma Duggar and Jana take care of the kids while Jim Bob and Michelle are in Chicago for a meeting. Josie has a seizure, and Grandma Duggar calls 9-1-1 while Jana and Scott, the Duggars' director and photographer, carry out the instructions given by the dispatcher.
- Josie seizes for about ten minutes before the paramedics arrive. Jana jumps in the ambulance and heads to the hospital with her youngest sister. "It makes your heart drop," says Michelle, as she remembers the moment she found out that Josie had had a seizure. "You just feel so incapable of doing anything."
- Because of her premature birth, Josie has had several seizures, which are brought on when her temperature spikes.
- Doctors are able to get Josie's fever under control, and they send her home. By the next day, she is as good as new. Jim Bob and Michelle return from Chicago, and Josie runs and gives them a big hug. "Reuniting with my parents was amazing," says Jana. "I was so glad to have them back."