On tonight's episodes of 19 Kids and Counting...
"A Big Idea"
"A Big Idea"
- Anna's parents and youngest brothers, Nathan and David, drive 12 hours from their home in Florida to visit. Grandma and Grandpa Keller are thrilled to meet their newest grandson and tour Josh and Anna's spacious home.
- Anna jumps in her Lincoln sedan and ventures into D.C. solo for the first time. The drive takes 20 minutes, and the mom of 3 finishes it off with a solid parallel parking job on a busy city street.
- Fun fact: Josh saves $50 a week by packing his lunch.
- Back in Arkansas, Michelle and Jana take Josie to visit Arkansas Children's Hospital, where the youngest of the 19 Duggar children--born at 1 pound 6 ounces--spent the first several months of her life. Josie greets Dr. Arrington and the nurses with hugs.
- While Jana and Josie hang out in the playroom, Michelle visits and prays with parents of preemies, including the mom whose son is in the same isolette as Josie.
- "I know it took many people for [Josie] to be here and to be thriving," says Michelle. "We are extremely grateful...because we know it could have been so different. "
- At home, Josie has an accident. Jim Bob, whose experience with potty training is more limited than Michelle's, carries her upstairs, where Jinger and Joy volunteer to help clean her up. The older girls say that Michelle is the primary potty-trainer, while they are on clean-up duty.
- Jim Bob has put the Duggar Family Farm on hold but has another big idea. How about a Duggar Family Flea Market? He shows his wife a storage shed filled with items collected throughout their 29 years of marriage, including furniture, toys, clothes, tools, mattresses, and...Michelle's long-lost salad spinner.
"Flea Market Challenge"
- Michelle is on-board with the flea market idea, as long as they donate the proceeds to families with infants in the Arkansas Children's Hospital NICU. Jim Bob pitches the idea to his kids, and the family heads out to the warehouse to start sorting. "I absolutely love organizing things," says Jessa. "This is going to be exciting. Let's just say my dad likes to collect things...a lot of things."
- The Duggars stop at a local flea market to get some ideas for theirs. For an educational experience, Jim Bob and Michelle split the family in half (boys versus girls) and give each team $50 to see if they can turn it into $100 at the Duggar Flea Market. Jim Bob says he encourages his adult children to develop their own ideas but admits that he is still getting used to dealing with opinions that conflict his.
- The girls end up spending their $50 on hair bows and wooden ping pong guns, while the boys invest in a bucket of knives.
- Michelle and Joy sort through baby clothes to sell at the flea market. "This is the first time in 24 years that we don't have a baby in diapers, and that is a big change," says the mom of 19. "Jim Bob and I have been praying about adoption." Michelle says she is learning how to welcome this new season of life.
- In D.C., Anna takes her kiddos to a mommy-and-me playgroup...on the subway. "I have never taken the Subway by myself, or by myself with kids, so I'm a little nervous," she admits.
- Mackynzie has a blast right off the bat, but it takes a little while for Michael to realize that mommy isn't leaving. Anna enjoys talking with other moms and hopes to attend playgroup more often.