Tonight on 19 Kids and Counting...
- Jim Bob is preparing a special 29th anniversary celebration for his bride. After enlisting his kids' help, he instructs his wife to pack an overnight bag with a few unusual items (anti-motion sickness medicine, anti-gas medicine, a jacket, and closed toed shoes).
- "I feel pretty safe being surprised by Jim Bob," says Michelle. The Duggars jump in the car with chauffer Josiah and head to Terra Studios, where they try their hand at glassblowing. For surprise #2, the kids prepare Michelle's favorite dinner (beans and cornmeal) at War Eagle Mill.
- "It made it so much more special having our children there for our anniversary," says the mom of 19. "It's a precious thing to have a mom and dad that really love each other."
- After dinner, Jim Bob takes Michelle to a hotel similar to the one they stayed at on their wedding night. As usual, he tries to haggle. The agent refuses to drop the price, but she gives them a room with a Jacuzzi. "We're really moving up in the world," jokes Jim Bob, who says the Jacuzzi is a step up from the vibrating bed in their honeymoon suite.
- The next morning, Jim Bob gives Michelle one final surprise: a balloon ride! Michelle, whose greatest fear is heights, is a little unsure about the idea but ends up really enjoying the ride.
Meanwhile in D.C.
- Josh calls up Jana and Joy-Anna and asks them to fly out to help him prepare a 5th anniversary celebration for Anna. When the girls arrive, they are greeted with hugs from their brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephews.
- While Jana and Joy take Anna out for some girl time in Old Town Alexandria, Josh prepares surprise #1 for his wife. The girls enjoy a professional manicure (Anna's first), while Josh does a photo shoot with his kids in their backyard. It takes a while, but Josh ends up getting a few great shots. "It's really hard to sit still," says Mackynzie.
- "I'm sure Josh is going to be just fine with the kids, but I'm a little nervous leaving him," says Anna. This is the longest Josh has been alone with all three Grand-Duggars.
- That evening, Jana and Joy watch the kids while Josh takes Anna out for a date night and presents her with the finished product from his photo shoot.
1. What is one habit Anna wants to break Josh of?
Talking too loudly
2. How many cans of hairspray does Jim Bob go through in a month?
3. Where was Anna when she first told Josh she loved him?
On her parents' couch
4. Where is the craziest place Jim Bob and Michelle have had Bible study?
In the bathtub (with Jim Bob's waterproof Bible)
5. How long did Jim Bob and Michelle date before getting engaged?