Tonight on the season finale of 19 Kids and Counting, "Baby Gender Reveal & the Final Weigh In"...
- Mackynzie tries to bribe Mr. Jim to reveal the gender of Anna's baby early, offering to give him her monkey. Mr. Jim won't budge.
- One Sunday morning, the entire family visits Restoration Church, where Jim Bob and Josh's personal trainer attends. In cahoots with Jim, Pastor Howard reveals the gender of grand-Duggar #3 to the entire congregation. He ties the announcement into his sermon on family relationships: "I'm just so excited to let you in on our little secret, that you're having a baby boy," he tells Josh and Anna after calling them up to the front.
- Anna says she would have been happy either way but was secretly hoping for a boy. She and Josh have chosen a name but are not announcing it.
- The service is "peppier" than the Duggars' home church, by they enjoy seeing how other people worship the Lord. "We were definitely expecting it to be lively and just a different style of worship, and it was," says Jill.
- Jim Bob, Michelle, Josh, and Anna meet with their doctor for the results of the weight-loss challenge. Josh is still overweight but is no longer considered obese. Jim Bob's health has also improved, but his triglycerides are still high. For both men, this is just the beginning of a long journey.
- The day before Jim Bob and Josh's final workout, personal trainer Steve Conley gathers the family in the living Josh and divides them into two teams, with Grandma Duggar on Steve's team.
Team Jim Bob
- The final workout is an obstacle course. Most of the family gets away with fun tasks, like walking across balance beams, riding bikes, pushing utility vehicles, eating pickles, and changing doll diapers. Jim Bob and Josh have to race through a challenging course spanning across one acre.
- At the end, Jim Bob grabs the flag at the top of the climbing wall seconds before Josh.
- Then comes the final weigh-in. Jim Bob gets a four-pound weight advantage for winning the obstacle course, and Josh gets a four-pound weight advantage because the doctor says he has made the biggest improvement.
- Jim Bob, who weighed 214 pounds at the beginning of the contest, ends at 194 (198 minus 4). Josh, with an initial weight of 224 pounds, ends at 198 (202 minus 4).
- "Words can't describe how proud I am of both of you to see that you did great on this weight-loss challenge," says Steve. "I have one more surprise that you need to watch out for." At that moment, John-David and Joseph sneak up from behind and pour coolers of ice-cold sports drink on Jim Bob and Josh.
- As punishment, Josh makes breakfast in bed for Jim Bob. He prepares toast, turkey bacon, eggs, and a smoothie. "I tried to make sure that I didn't load up on any butter or anything like that," says Josh. "I gave him dry toast, you know, so it wasn't that bad."
- "Josh is a good cook, and he can really surprise me because there's a lot of things I just didn't know he knew how to make," says Anna.
- Jordyn and Josie wander into the kitchen and sweet-talk Josh into making breakfast for them. The two girls and Josh carry a tray up to Jim Bob, who is fast asleep. "Josh fixed a wonderful breakfast," says the dad of 19.
- Both Jim Bob and Josh plan to continue losing weight by eating healthy and exercising regularly.
- At the end of the show, Josh and Anna gather the family to make a big announcement. After much prayer and wise counsel, they have decided to accept the job that Josh was offered and move to Washington D.C.
- "Arkansas is home for me," says Josh. "I really have no desire to move away, but sometimes when you have opportunities, you have to go out and seek them."
- "I'm happy for them," says Jessa. "But at the same time it's really sad because we're all so close."
- "Michelle and I have dedicated our children to the Lord from the time that they were small, and our goal is for each one of them to follow where the Lord leads them, and if He leads them away from our area and we just see them once in a while, then that's the way it's meant to be," says Jim Bob.