Tonight on 19 Kids and Counting...
- Anna tells her children they are best friends, but Mackynzie and Michael still fight. "I guess you could call them frenemies," says Anna, who spends an average of 40 hours a week alone with her two little ones.
- For lunch one day, Anna, who is experimenting with healthier meals, prepares baked fruit salad, tilapia, and sweet potato fries and is surprised by her kids' positive reactions. "I like it with ketchup on it," says Mackynzie.
- "Michael is learning to talk," says Anna. "Right now his favorite word is 'no.'" The almost-two-year old, who has always slept in mom and dad's room, spends his first night in Mackynzie's room. He sheds a lot of tears and climbs out of his crib several times, but he and Mackynzie eventually fall asleep.
- The camera crew checks up on Joseph at ALERT Academy (Air, Land, Emergency Resource Team) in Texas, where he is going through intense physical and spiritual training. "Thank you for praying for me because that's the only way I am going to make it through this. Send me some oatmeal cookies," Joseph writes in one of his letters to the family.
- "I'm happy for him, but I sure do miss him," says Michelle. "Even with 19, you miss one when they're not there."
- Jim Bob and Josh's trainer, Steve Conley, brings his family over to the Duggars' for dinner. They are joined by Steve's pastor and his six daughters. That's a total of 40 people! "We enjoy having a full house with lots of friends," says Michelle.
- Before Jim Bob and Josh sit down to eat, Steve inspects their plates. "I know your wife is eating for two," Steve tells Josh. "That don't mean you're supposed to eat for two."
"A Surgery & A Secret"
- Nine weeks into Jim Bob and Josh's weight-loss challenge, the men gear up for their toughest workout yet. Their warm-up, a run around the yard while Steve follows in an RTV, is followed by intense drills, like pulling a 5,000-pound SUV up a slight incline. When they finish, Steve commends Jim Bob and Josh for their hard work.
- Four-year-old Jordyn, who snores and is having trouble breathing, is having her tonsils removed. She and Michelle head to the supermarket to stock up on ice cream and other soft foods.
- The surgery goes well, and Jordyn is soon back home resting in Jim Bob and Michelle's bed. "Our bedroom ends up being like the family hospital room," says Jim Bob.
- Jordyn is kept company by Justin, who is recovering from an injury. He busted an eye vessel while playing outside with a rope and has to wear an eye patch until it heals.
- Jordyn is surrounded by an army of little Duggars who are eager to be of service (and secretly hoping to get some ice cream).
- "As soon as Josie realized that Jordyn was getting popsicles because of her owie...she's laying right next to Jordyn," says Michelle.
- "Jordyn is a daddy's girl," says Jim Bob. "She's usually a happy kid," says Jill. "She has her moments," says Jana.
- While Jordyn rests, the rest of the family enjoys turkey sandwiches, a lunchtime favorite.
- Meanwhile, Anna has an ultrasound to determine the gender of her third child, due June 7th. The ultrasound technician gives the results to Jim the soundman, who plans a big reveal for the family. When Anna was pregnant with Mackynzie, she and Josh found out the gender by cutting into a pink cake on the Today Show. Michael's gender was written in the sky by an airplane. How do you think Jim is going to reveal the gender of baby #3? (It's a boy.)