Yesterday, we posted photos of the Duggars' epic, February 2011 snow day. After an exhausting afternoon of sledding and igloo building, the Duggars head inside for...more snow?
Snow ice cream is a Duggar family tradition. (Almost as popular as tater tot casserole!) With a reputation like that, it has to be good!
Snow Ice Cream
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 6 quarts clean, fresh snow (fluffy, not packed)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, and whipping cream.
- Add snow, 2 cups at a time.
- Stir until mixture is ice cream consistency.
*This recipe is found on page 160 of the Duggars' first book, "20 and Counting."
Find more delicious Duggar recipes on our Recipes page!